Tuesday 7 February 2012

Cultural Guides for what's on in Paris - Pariscope & L'Officiel des Spectacles



© Copyright Millie Brown 2012
Roaming Paris at night with my tripod when the crowds have usually disappeared

If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris as a young man, then wherever you go for the rest of your life, it stays with you, for Paris is a moveable feast - Ernest Hemingway 

I have just finished reading Ernest Hemingway's 'A moveable Feast'.  Love the book, really enjoy Hemingway's style, its so to the point.....and of course its no secret, I love Paris.

As I prepare slowly to go back to the city I love so much, I feel excited again about doing all the things I love to do in Paris, even if that means doing not terribly much sometimes.  Sipping a rosé on a warm day on some café terrace, or reading a book by my favourite fountain in the Jardin du Luxembourg, or maybe simply enjoying the sunday papers over a fresh buttery croissant and café crème.

© Copyright Millie Brown 2012
 I am on the outdoor terrace of Printemps (department store) photographing La Basilique du Sacré Coeur in Montmartre.

I can't wait to speak the language that I love so much again and hear it spoken, to walk miles and miles of museum corridors and rooms devouring history, art and all the photographic exhibitions that I can find, and to pop in to see some of France's best actors treading the stage in one of the city's many gorgeous theatres. There is simply no end to the possibilities in Paris. 

© Copyright Millie Brown 2012

When you arrive in Paris and you don't have much time, (or even if you do), grab one of these publications from any newsstand or newsagent and hit the ground running.

Pariscope or L'Officiel des Spectacles both great weekly publications / cultural guides that cost next to nothing and list simply everything that is happening in Paris for that week. Throw one of them in your bag and keep it there (with the umbrella)! 

Pariscope website here

L'Officiel des Spectacles website here


Millie xx

These photos are copyrighted please do not download, thank you :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...